Unemployment Rates….. Vote with your Comments on which is Believable and Not?
Tags: able, com, comparison, Unemployment
Some of you know me personally and know that I am currently working on deploying a home solar photo voltaic system to cover my energy needs. I’ll detail my install in another blog, but I wanted to let you know the Christmas present that I got from PG&E in 2015. I got a massive 80.5% rate increase!
Now I have to admit, I work from home and I use my air conditioning all day as well as have quite a few computers running full time so I get it I am a power waster. No need to bash me on that. But, take a look what they did this year and ask yourself how upset this would make you?
Daily Usage in 2014 (Before January 1st of 2015)
Daily Cost in 2014 (Before January 1st 2015)
Daily Usage in 2015 (After January 1st of 2015)
Daily Cost in 2015 (After January 1st 2015)
Please note: The following is not an endorsement of the specific referenced products or solutions, these are examples of ways that users can better protect themselves online. The effectiveness of these solutions varies widely. Used in combination with each other can provide significant added protection to your internet usage.
Additional Disclaimer: There is no such thing as 100% secure, so don’t misconstrue or misinterpret this guidance to be some sort of guarantee of safety online.
1. First and foremost, you must install a NON-FREE Anti-Virus Suite. Prefer anti-virus software that has been tested. The following sites are good for reviewing the test results of Antivirus Detection Rates:
2. Ensure you are using a Browser Plugin to evaluate the security of websites you go to and if possible use Anti-Spam features of your Anti-Virus software. Some examples of browser plugins are: McAfee Site Advisor, Avira Browser Safety, Norton Browser Protection
3. Load up on some software and system exploit prevention, regularly change your website passwords and select passwords based on website category such as financial, entertainment and miscellaneous. Some examples of Anti-Exploit browser and software protection are: Microsoft EMET, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium
4. Use a DNS service to help block malicious websites BEFORE your computer has a chance to connect to them. Some examples are
5. The last step is a personal training thing that I advise any user online to do. Treat every single link on a web page as suspicious, never click on emailed links, it is best to browse to the specific website manually without clicking. Never open attachments that you do not first scan with your Anti-Virus software first and never ever open attachments from random people where you are not expecting an attachment. Whenever a web page claims that you must update your software and to “click here” to do so, you should be suspicious of it, unless of course you are purposely browsing to your computer manufacturer’s website, graphics card software website or some official Microsoft or Adobe website for updates to your software.
Well, I woke up to a nice attempt to phish-me. A closer look at the email shows a Russian URL on this attempt to phish bluehost accounts to perform account takeovers. Bluehost users, beware of this activity. The Russian Phishing site looks identical to the bluehost login page. See screenshot of the email and website below:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter or in some locations summer solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2015, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
The endpoint detection andresponse (EDR) market (also referred to in Gartner research as endpoint threat detection and response[ETDR]) is an emerging security technology market created … Carbon Black EDR software solution to provide both endpoint prevention, visibility, detection and response in an integrated solution. The latest version 7. …
Gartner clients may access this research by clicking here.
Positive Huawei is a privately owned, China-based communications equipment provider. It has a wide, near-complete portfolio including products for fixed, wireless and enterprise networks, consumer devices and services for the carrier networking market. This Vendor Rating is an evolution …
Gartner clients can access this research by clicking here.